My thoughts on Meta's Twitter clone Threads.
Can Meta pull off?
- Probably. To some degree.
- But I don't see it ever becoming as big as something like Instagram.
- Hard to imagine much of my non-tech savvy friends and acquaintances using this service.
- There's a limit how much it can grow just like Twitter has.
- However, Meta has all the resources and skills. It's just text first Instagram after all.
- Nonetheless, it could grow big enough to extend their ad-sharing cyber space.
Would it ever grow bigger than Twitter like Mark is hoping for?
- I doubt it.
Will it kill Twitter?
- I don't think so.